Saturday, September 26, 2009

WHATLIFE?IDOJOURN

By Camagwini Dolweni

This may not the perkiest or chirpiest blog titles, but it is real and that is what this blog, its bloggers and its followers are. Real people. Real journalists. Real students.

I am a very passionate aspiring young journalist with broad views, varied opinions and am on a mission to change the world one article at a time. I take journalism very seriously, because I believe it plays an important role in our world, not only as watchdogs or entertainment, but as a social commentator on the way we do things and why as human beings. As a young student I feel fortunate and enthusiastic about being at a journalism school that will only add fuel to my passion for it and hone my skills as a journalist.

Being a journalism student though, is not all passion and super-heroine antics, a lot of the time one needs to do a lot of admin, tuts and tests before one gets the chance to change the world. This is the ‘real’ part of being a young journalist-not always fun, but always necessary. This is why we give (with this blog) a chance for journalism students to express their views about life as a journalism student, serious issues that affect them and ultimately practising their talents.

With this blog we aim to take a tongue-in-cheek, humorous tone to life as a journalism student-the little life that a journalism student has-yet without making a mockery of the serious issues that will be discussed or posted by other journalism student bloggers. The language and style of the blog will be very colloquial, because we want to appeal to young people and personally I find that most of the time formal register seems to talking at the reader and not to the reader and this is something we want to avoid. What I really want to say in this blog is this: “I’m young, I’m passionate and I’m just a regular person like anyone else”. So if you can relate then why not follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment